Our study today is from Ephesians 4:12-21 where we see the Apostle Paul talking about the reason for the temporary ministry gifts were to bring unity into the Body of Christ until the revelation of the mystery was completed and how that it should bring not only unification, but also maturity to the Body.
Directional Bible Ministries
A teaching ministry that is called to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery.
Sunday, June 4, 2023
Ephesians | Session 20 | 4:12-21
Tuesday, May 30, 2023
Ephesians | Session 19 | 4:11
Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Ephesians | Session 18 | 4:8-10
Friday, May 19, 2023
Ephesians | Session 17 | 3:20-4:7
In our study today from Ephesians 3:20-4:7 we see Paul giving a doxology at the end of chapter 2, inviting us to walk deserving of our calling, describing how and why, and assuring us that God has given us everything we need to do it.
Saturday, May 13, 2023
The Dual Natured Kingdom
There is a teaching in the church today that is called the Dual Natured Kingdom. It is the Kingdom that Jesus spoke of is here spiritually, but not yet physically. In other words, the church has the spiritual realities of the promises Kingdom that was given at Pentecost, but not yet the physical. Some refer to it as "almost, not yet".
The results of this faulty teaching are pretty obvious according to Dr. Randy White. They include:
1. The Bible speaks only of an earthly, physical, and fraternal Kingdom.
2. This teaching fails to distinguish the Body of Christ from the Kingdom leaving the two to be conflated.
3. This teaching requires that the realities of the "spiritual" Kingdom be experienced today, i.e., authority, dominion, miracles, etc.
4. The biproduct of this teaching is the ecumenical social justice movement that is now prevalent in most mainstream denominational churches.
5. The Roman Catholic Church was the first to embrace this teaching and must stand on it or they would cease to exist.
Friday, May 12, 2023
Ephesians | Session 16 | 3:14-19
Wednesday, May 10, 2023
Ephesians | Session 15 | 3:9-13
Ephesians | Session 14 | 3:6-8
In our study today in Ephesians 3:6-8, Paul continues his explanation that believing Gentiles and Jews are now in the same body and partakers of the same promise, and he expresses his gratitude that God still chose to use him who was formerly a blasphemer to preach it.