"There is one fundamental question about which I often am asked. What do I believe about Jesus Christ? I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and the Savior of mankind. My church's beliefs about Christ may not all be the same as those of other faiths. Each religion has its own unique doctrines and history. These are not bases for criticism but rather a test of our tolerance."
Here is what Mitt Romney believes about Jesus that he did not say.
- That Jesus and Lucifer are spirit brothers
- That Jesus has not always existed but was created by the Father
- That Jesus was spirit and then became a God
- That Jesus and Lucifer contended for the right to be redeemer
- That Jesus was birthed by a physical act of God the Father and Mary
- That Jesus is a God and not part of the single triune Godhead
- That we can become a god like Jesus
- That Jesus did most of the atonement work in the Garden of Gethsemane and not on the cross
- That Jesus' work of atonement is not enough to bring salvation to lost souls but works must be added.
- That Jesus is not the judge of the quick and the dead but Joseph Smith must give his consent for entrance into heaven.