1. Betrothal - This often took place when the couple was still yet children. The agreement was made between the parents. Application: The Bible says that we are betrothed to Christ (2 Corinthians 11:2).
2. Visit with the Father of the Bride - Once the groom was ready for marriage, he would leave his father's home and go and visit with the bride's father to express his intentions and request permission. Application: Jesus left his Father's home to visit with us and express his intentions (Matthew 11:28).
3. It was at this time that a dowry or a purchase price was agreed to. Application: Jesus paid the purchase price for us (1 Corinthians 6:20).
4. The groom would then return to his father's house and begin making preparations for when his bride arrived. Application: Jesus has returned to the Father were he is currently making preparations for our arrival (John 14:2-3).
5. In the meantime, the bride never knew the date of the grooms arrival and was therefore required to live in anticipation. Application: We do not know the day nor the hour of Christ's return, so we much be ready (Matthew 25:13).
6. On the appointed day, the groom would go and get his bride and bring her to his father's house for the wedding ceremony. Application: Jesus will return for us in the Rapture and we will be taken to the Father's house for the ceremony (Matthew 25:13).
7. The marriage would then be consummated. Application: As the marriage was consummated and the proof of virginity presented, so too, we will experience the Judgment Seat of Christ at which time our faithfulness will be presented (2 Corinthians 5:10).
8. The wedding feast would begin. Application: At that time, we will sit down to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb (Revelation 19:9).
9. The bride stayed in her bridal chamber for seven days. Application: The Church will be hidden away for seven years while the Tribulation is taking place on Earth (Revelation 3:10).
10. She would then be allowed to come out of the bridal chamber. Application: After seven years, the Church will come out of her bridal chamber and appear with Christ at the Second Coming (Revelation 19:7).
There are many more references than those given. Look them up for yourself. I know that you'll be blessed.